Have I ever shared my little secret? You know, the one about how I hate cleaning. Especially cleaning the bathrooms. In an effort to deal with the inevitable I’ve come up with these tips for cleaning the bathroom in 10 minutes so I don’t have to deal with it for very long.
No, seriously… 10 minutes once a week and my bathroom stays clean. And since it’s so quick, I can wait till the last minute to give in and clean so it’s over shortly after I start.
Want to know my secrets? I’m sharing them below.
(this post contains affiliate links)
5 Tips for Cleaning The Bathroom in 10 Minutes
What you’ll need:
- Zep Commercial Quick Clean Disinfectant
- Zep Commercial All-Around Oxy Cleaner and Degreaser
- cleaning gloves
- microfiber towels or paper towels
- scrub brush
- bag (paper or plastic)
What you do:
1. Use a bag – Hang the bag from the door and empty the contents of the bathroom’s waste basket into it. Set wastebasket aside and pick up any rugs, clothing, etc from the ground.
2. Spray and let products sit – Spray disinfectant/cleaner into toilet and then, after picking up bath toys and setting aside, spray All-Around Oxy Cleaner and Degreaser in tub. Let sit while cleaning the rest of the bathroom.
TIP: Throw the bath toys on the top rack of the dishwasher to clean and remove any soap scum or gunk from them! Since I always have a load of dishes to do before company comes over, it works out very nicely to fill the bottom rack with dishes and top rack with toys.
3. Spray disinfectant on floor – No need for a separate floor product! Sweep (discarding dust, dirt, etc into bag on door) and then get your mop wet inside the sink or tub. Spray disinfectant on the floor and mop. Rinse out the mop with fresh water and mop again. Use a microfiber towel to dry the floor.
4. Clean sink THEN toilet to use the same towel – Now using the disinfectant, spray down the sink, countertop and mirrors. Clean with microfiber towel tackling the mirrors first, then the counter, then the sink and faucet.
Once the sink is clean, move onto the toilet. Clean the top of the tank first, then the top of the toilet seat. Then move through each layer getting down to the rim (make sure to fold the towel in on itself as you go along). Put microfiber towel in pile of towels to be washed.
Then use the toilet brush to clean the inside of the toilet. Flush toilet.
5. Wait to do the tub last (or not at all) – The worst part of cleaning a bathroom, in my opinion, isn’t the toilet but the tub. All the mildew, grime, soap scum. Eew! So when I leave the product on the surface for a bit it has some time to work itself in.
And when I’ve cleaned everything else I then pick up the scrub brush and start scrubbing things down. Then I rinse everything off and let it air dry!
Throw the bag in the trash, put away the cleaning supplies, toss the towels (bath towels and microfiber cleaning towels) in the wash, and you’re set with a clean bathroom!