I mean, what’s more fitting to pair with a margarita than a tequila lime pork taco? And I made this delicious tomatillo avocado sauce that paired perfectly with the meat. Simple I tell ya!
The tequila lime marinade I used contained 6 ingredients: tequila, lime juice, red crushed peppers, diced green chilies, cumin, and garlic. And you only need about 2 hours to marinade the meat.
While I waited for the meat to marinade I made the tomatillo avocado sauce in our food processor. So simple! I put it in the fridge to let the ingredients meld together a bit.
Then it was time to put everything together and cook the meat!
Now this meat… it’d be amazingly good just on its own if you’re looking for a great pork dish. The flavor was so tasty and the marinade really worked it’s way into the meat to tenderize it.
Tequila Lime Pork Tacos with Creamy Tomatillo Avocado Sauce
- 1.5 ounces Partida Reposado tequila
- juice of one lime
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- Add first 6 ingredients to a gallon size zippered plastic bag. Mix together well.
- Place pork loin in bag and marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Grill meat until fully cooked, about 8 minutes on each side.