This shop featuring 5 tips for cleaning the house before a party (including floor cleaning) has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CleanForTheHolidays #CollectiveBias
This weekend we celebrated my daugther’s 4th birthday. We were able to schedule her birthday party on her actual birthday and she couldn’t be happier. But with just moving into our home this summer we weren’t sure if we were ready to host a large party just yet.
Luckily I planned in advance and did a lot of the pick up and deep cleaning ahead of time – including hiring a maid the week before to do some of the chores I can’t really do easily in my third trimester of pregnancy.
But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t have to clean up right before the party due to little people running around the house doing their thing beforehand. So today I’m sharing my tips for cleaning the house before a party.
5 Tips for Cleaning The House Before a Party
- During the week before, do all of the large cleaning so you don’t have to stress the day before or morning of. I did a little at a time each day so it wasn’t a huge burden at the end of the week.
- The day of, bring a basket and a trash bag (paper or plastic) as you walk the house to pick up any trash or toys that need to be put away. Sometimes I have the kids bring their own basket around to put their stuff in and make them responsible for putting stray toys away. If they aren’t picked up I threaten to suck them up with the vacuum.
- Grab a microfiber towel and a bottle of water, vinegar, and tea tree oil (or your favorite all-purpose cleaner) to wipe down anything you may have missed or need to re-clean.
- Take one extra pass at the floor (carpet/tile/hardwood) with a vacuum to get any big pieces of dust up quickly (or a broom and dustpan if you prefer).
- Using an O-Cedar ProMist spray mop, clean the floors one last time before your guests arrive to get any unwanted dust or marks. This will leave a perfectly clean floor and pick up anything the vacuum or broom missed.
Whether you’re cleaning for a birthday party, a holiday party, or a family gathering, having a quick game plan for picking up will ensure that you’re spending more time with family than on cleaning the house.
Don’t feel like you have to do it all either! Delegate anything out that the kids or your significant other can do and use great tools like the O-Cedar line of cleaning products to help make clean up a breeze.
You can find the O-Cedar ProMist spray mop as well as other O-Cedar products (we love their brooms and mops too – been using them for years) at Walmart in the cleaning aisle.