Water. Such a simple thing however when my kids start playing with it they go crazy. Maybe it’s like the cardboard box phenomenon. Hand a kid a cardboard box and they’ll be entertained for hours. Give a kid a container full of water and the same thing happens.
Below are a few awesome ideas on just what to do with the water and how to make water play even more fun! Just remember that any water play needs to be supervised. Check out these water safety tips for kids for ideas on what to keep an eye out for.
15 Water Activities For Kids
- This alphabet car wash sensory bin is messy and wet! Your kids could have hours of fun with this activity.
- For the car wash experience on a larger scale, let your child wash the cozy coupe.
- Make giant bubbles in the kiddie pool. You can even stand inside them as you pull the hula hoop up!
- This DIY sprinkler limbo activity looks like so much fun. How low can you go?
- Take water balloon play to the next level with these messy paintfilled water balloons.
- Excavate dinosaurs with this fun salt and water ice melting activity.
- Backyard fishing is a great kiddie pool activity that even older kids will enjoy. (Don’t worry… the fish are fake!)
- Stay cool and learn about colors with this water and colored ice sensory bin for toddlers.
- Make an easy water wall with pool noodles!
- Isn’t this erputing ice chalk paint the coolest thing you’ve ever seen?
- Sponge bombs are always a hit in a water fight. Less fuss than water balloons!
- This DIY giant water blob is a fun fullbody sensory activity for the kids.
- Make rainbow bubbles in the kiddie pool for colorful sensory play.
- A water transfer activity is a great way to learn about mixing colors.
- Use squirt guns for an interesting summer painting activity. Fill them with liquid watercolors or fill the guns with water and food coloring if you don’t have watercolors on hand.