In this line of work, I am the recipient of a lot of samples and free products. Whether it’s a brand who’s at a conference and wants to get their product in my hand, or part of a campaign I’m working on with a few additional perks sent from the client, my cupboards are overflowing with full and trial size products. Enough to keep us stocked up for a while. In an effort to purge and sort through everything we have in our cupboards, I’ve come up with a few ways to use them up. Below are a few ideas on what to do with samples and freebies.
What To Do With Free Samples
- New Homeowners Gift – Create a gift basket for new home owners with cleaning essentials they’ll need! Fill a cute bucket or basket with cleaner samples, wash cloths, squirt bottles.
- Guest Bathroom Essentials – If you frequently have guests over in your home, create a basket with guest bathroom essentials that you can easily grab when friends or family come into town. Fill a cute container with the essentials one needs when they’re away from home! Include some tooth paste, soap, deodorant, a tooth brush, shampoo and conditioner, etc.
- Baby Shower Gift – Since I write about parenting, some samples were more baby-related and didn’t really have any use in my house (before I had baby #3). So I would collect them and use them as extra gifts for diaper cakes and baby shower gifts.
- Stocking Stuffers – a few things I get are the perfect stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephews. I have a box with gifts that I keep in the closet and add to it whenever I think something might be better for another friend or family member. I also add a sticky note to it so I remember that I have it saved for them!
- Take On the Go! – Whether I’m travelling with the family or solo, or the kids are heading over to Grandma’s house for the weekend, I take any duplicates of products that we use and organize them in the cupboard to grab quickly while we’re packing for our next adventure. It helps that I have them already sorted and ready to go depending on our needs.
Whether you’re reusing your samples as gifts, or saving them for a trip, there’s always a way to use up the samples and freebies you get when you’re at events or conferences! And if that doesn’t work, consider swapping with a fellow blogger or friend for something they might want to get rid of!