I don’t know what it is about having a baby that makes me crave sweets but one of my biggest hurdles while nursing is saying no to too many sweets. However I still allow myself some decadent indulgence from time to time. As long as I make it from scratch.
Sure it sounds like more work, but I promise you, making these brownies from scratch is so worth it! Get ready to enjoy a small square of these brownies and be satisfied for the whole week.
Copy Cat Cosmic Brownies
- 1 ½ Sticks Butter softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 teas. Vanilla Extract
- ¾ Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Flour
- 8 oz . Semisweet Chocolate
- ¼ - ½ Cup Mini M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the Butter, Sugar and Brown sugar.
- Add in the Eggs, ¼ Cup Heavy cream and Vanilla, stir until combined.
- Add in the Cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Add the flour 1/3 at a time stirring between each addition.
- Put the batter in an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan lined with lightly greased parchment paper and bake at 350˚
- until a tooth pick comes out clean, 45-55 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In a microwaveable bowl combine the Chocolate and ½ Cup Heavy cream. Microwave on high for 30
- second intervals stirring after each until the Chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over the brownie in
- the pan and smooth to the edges.
- Sprinkle with M&Ms and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from the pan and cut into desired sizes.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.